Saturday, March 28, 2015

Week 10/38

FINALLY OH GOD!

Day 1
General-Purpose Machine Gun (GPMG) theory and practical lesson. Wow this gun is a beast man... heavy as hell. Practiced until I got quite proficient at it oh yay~ did force prep for tomorrow's 9km route march D:
Also, learnt of MM Lee's passing. I may not have personally known him, but I respected him for his actions and contributions to Singapore. He will be missed. Goodbye, MM Lee.

Day 2
9km route march basically summarises the day. Intense stuff, have not been route marching for such a long distance in awhile. Luckily I was able to pull through thanks to the motivation from everyone. Guess the singing of songs really helped!!

Day 3
Couldn't really remember when did I finish my GPMG tests but I redcon-ed 1 them aka best possible score attained :) Had 7km endurance run which was damn tiring oh my god... the uphill and stairs of hell were definitely thigh-cramping and energy-sapping. I like running but running under timing sure ain't my cup of tea. 38.1 degrees hopefully I survive tomorrow.


Day 4
Felt better but still quite bad. Nose leaking like a broken faucet tap throughout the day. Oh, and today is Exercise Cougar, which is section live firing and GPMG live firing. Can't really reveal much, except that it was super fast-paced and LOL the forests caught fire, forcing us to wait awhile before continuing. Ended everything at 0100+, RTU about 2, slept at 0400. What a screwed up day.

Day 5
The end is drawing close hell yes! Because we did not have 7 hours of uninterrupted rest, 8km fast march got postponed to a later date woohoo so glad it did or I would have labelled this week as the worst OCS week ever... Area inspection was harsh, bookout got delayed at least by 1 hour. Haiz, guess this week couldn't be any worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment