Thursday, February 12, 2015

Week 4/38 (+ Mini Story)

Day 1
Tired as fuck. Monday greens cuz I'm in green HAHA. Captain's ball first thing in the morning... i sucked at catching balls (means I'm not gay LOL)  Studied abit for demolition and charges then it was compass course the whole day. Hate being the last detail to eat/ draw arms/ go for activities et cetera. But what to do? Suck it up.

Day 2
Tired as fuck day 2. Claymore and tripwire practical. Practically a sit and wait for your turn to get tested day. Nighttime was when the real shit happened. Live firing of tripwire was bright like holyyyyy, full fledged blinding of the eyes if you are too stupid to look straight at it. But FUCK LA we, or rather the firers misplaced 2 Returnable Ammunition Items (RAI) zzz, spent 2 hours searching for it. And obviously we did not find it - like searching for a needle (maybe needleS will be more apt) in a haystack.

Day 3
Charges. Nope, I did not get charged :) Door breaching charge, side charge, electric firing circuit. FML being platoon 3; we end up lagging behind in every station and have to spend our admin time finishing up the test. Shit, all these info is gonna end up coming in from one ear and exiting through the other ear. Hopefully the "stay in brain" duration will be long... EDIT: I'M GONNA BE FIRING THE LIVE DOOR CHARGE OMFG HOW THE HECK?! Maybe my test score was high hmmm

Day 4
SOC trial test. Think I ran fast. EDIT: I ran 3.57 mins, which is uhh 3mins 34secs  EDIT: 57 secs wow holy even I am impressed with myself. Matador day; in case you were wondering, it looks like... okay never mind just Google it LOL initially hoping to ace it and shoot the live matador but HAHA too heavy and tedious. What a angsty day :O

Day 5
4km fast march. Spring effect all over again from BMT - platoon 1 has gap, platoon 2 widens the gap, platoon 3, aka myself and guys, had to run to close up the gap. HELLO, it ain't a fast run but a fast MARCH. Good shin muscle workout :P oh yea, John James & my buddy hid in my cupboard yesterday to scare me. They ended up waiting 30mins for me to open it cuz I was doing pushups and all AHAHAHA. Next week 3 days in OCS only.


There was a gardener and a flower seed.

The gardener showered the seed everyday with tender loving care, made sure it has the perfect protection it needs. As the seed gradually grew, it felt the scorching heat of the sun, the harsh words from the wind, the infections from pests. The gardener got a temperature probe to monitor the budding seed; when it was hot the gardener would shelter it with an umbrella, when it was cold the gardener would turn on the heating system. Needless to say, when there were pests, the gardener would invest all of his efforts to get rid of them, even if it means suffering bites or getting infected as a result from it.

All of which was to ensure the bud blossomed into a beautiful happy flower.

And it did. It was no longer the frail weak seed which was unable to fend for itself but now the strong independent flower capable of protecting itself. The gardener was happy to see that all his efforts were not for nothing. The flower knew too and greatly appreciated the gardener.

However, it was time for the flower to be sold to another, one who may or may not cherish and devote all his/ her effort into loving the flower; be it singing to it to make it happy, watering it to quench its thirst, feeding it nutrients to keep it pretty and so on. The gardener was sad to see it go, but yet happy to know that he once shared experiences with the flower, shared ups and downs with the flower. Most importantly, the gardener knew he once had a place in the flower's heart. He truly loved the flower but it was not meant to be.

And so the gardener let the flower go.

No comments:

Post a Comment